Friday, January 8, 2010

Where's Waldo?




This has become my favorite toy on the blog. I wish each little dot had a nametag.

Like who exactly is that person in the middle of the US who has logged in at least a couple of times earning a bigger dot? And why doesn't this dang map have borders so I can see exactly where that dot lies?

If we were handing out awards, our visitor from southern Australia (I'm guessing it was a Nicol family member in Sydney) get's the "Furthest south" award. And I believe the visitor from nearby Hudson Bay gets the "Furthest north" award... although someone in Sweden might need to correct my geography as I just eyeballed it.

Boston and the Bay Area continue to constitute the bulk of our readers, but it's cool to know we have a few friends following us around the more remote parts of the world like Liberia, and Rio de Janeiro and Macau (Thanks Justin, Brooke and Olivier).

It also makes me chuckle that I can call out my less blog inclined friends whose location gives them away. Sorry Harry, but judging from that tiny dot in Eugene, OR, it's fairly obvious you never visit this blog, no matter what you say.

Mostly I just like to look at this map and think about what a small world it is. When you live on a different continent from most of your friends and family, it's a nice reminder that they're only a mouseclick or a phonecall away.

So from our side of the pond to yours, have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing. We included your blog address in our Christmas ecard so we might have helped up your numbers. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got an outlier way up in northern Canada, too. Who's that? Your blog is good enough to have the world watching. Allez, bon chance, mecs.

    ReplyDelete