Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Noel!


Christmas in gay Pareeeee! The lights are up everywhere and Paris is looky mighty fine these days. We recieved our first snowfall which I have to say was breathtaking although nothing like the blizzard we've been watching our East Coast friends get buried in. They tell me the snow doesn't stick in Paris because of the heat generated by the extensive metro system underground and I sort of believe this (am I gullible idiot?) but I couldn't find any confirmation online which makes me suspect. Everything true should have at least one wikipedia entry, no?

Our exciting news is that our torrent of holiday visitors has started. My sister, Hennessy arrived last week, and Jessica's brother Gene along with my best friend Buddah and his wife Molly come in on Christmas eve. I feel like we're recreating one of those spring break How-many-people-can-you-fit-in-a-Volkswagon-Beetle contests. We have exactly 323 square feet of space in our apartment and that includes the shower and the stovetop, so I'm not quite sure where we going to put everyone. But I'm sort giggling in anticipation of the summercamp bunkhousesque quality our house is going to have for the next week.

We're also currently in the midst of the apartment hunting blitz as we have to leave our current apt at the end of January. My poor sister has been getting dragged along on a number of visits with us which is probably not how she planned on spending her Paris vacation (surprise!). But if anyone has some incredible Paris apartment connection they want to hook us up with, that would be the best Christmas present ever! Otherwise Happy Noel everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Wowie. What a photo! Is that yours or Jess's picture? Hey, how about telling that sister of yours to post some info. on what she's been doing. Joyeau Noel a tous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll try and post some stuff to the family blog. But you know, she's off running around Paris all day. No time to dally on a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro! Missing you this X-mas. David and I are soaking up the rays and the good family vibes down under at the moment-it is a glorious tropical Christmas once again (my 3rd!) I hear you are meeting up with Isabella, too!

    How fun!

    Please give our love to Hiya, Jess, Bella, Buddah and all the others.

    Merry Christmas!

    xoxox
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you!! See you in a couple of weeks- woohoo!

    ReplyDelete