Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Three Cheese Break

Going back to work has been startling in that I forgot how much Monday - Friday gets compressed into the work-eat-sleep routine. Add to this that I've started taking a French class Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-9PM and by the time I get to Saturday I'm often wondering where all the time went. This isn't actually a bad thing right now. Work is challenging, largely in good ways, and the language, at least for me is just one constant learning experience. School never lets out. I learn French riding the metro. There's a lesson to be had in going to the store for groceries. Lunchtime is a lesson (a huge one actually. Most days I want to nap after going to lunch with all my coworkers as I'm just wiped out from speaking French the whole time). It is non-stop.

So the one reprieve is dinner. Just about every night these days Jess and I cook up a little something, whip out the cheeses and the lox and the prosciutto crack open some wine and just for like and hour, think in English. I can feel my brain exhaling.





1 comment:

  1. Jeff, you look at home in the kitchen. Be sure to save your best French recipes.

    ReplyDelete